At first, I thought it was a DuKane, but then I remembered that JBL made stuff for DuKane, unless this was made before that.
Probably early JBL or, more likely, very late Lansing Mfg. Co., right before the Altec buyout.
no afilliation
lansing or altec under western electric horn - eBay (item 150388001042 end time Nov-17-09 21:48:21 PST)
Is this the horn from an early D-175-H combination? Did early JBL use a 2 bolt pattern on the flange?
IMO, the build quality is low for anything from WE or Lansing.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
At first, I thought it was a DuKane, but then I remembered that JBL made stuff for DuKane, unless this was made before that.
Probably early JBL or, more likely, very late Lansing Mfg. Co., right before the Altec buyout.
Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage
Kinda looks like a Stephens horn to me.

The throat design isn't Altec.
I'm backing Speakerdave's play...
http://hifilit.com/hifilit/Stephens/trosonic55b.jpg
Look at bottom left.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Kinda complicated. DuKane multicells were made by Vitavox. DuKane had the contract to import them.
JBL sales guys squawked they needed a multicell to compete, so a deal was struck...JBL made some electronics for DuKane in exchange for getting Vitavox multicells.
Or at least so said DuKane in the early 70's. I did get substantially the same story from a JBL contractor, so I tend to believe it.
But I don't think those are Vitavox, really am 90% or better that they are Trusonic.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Too bad there is only one. It's a nice looking little 8 cell. Roughly 1/2 the size of the Altec 803B.
It is definitely a Stephens Tru-sonic 800Hz. horn. Stephens marketed a close copy of the Lansing Iconic in both field coil and permanent magnet versions. They also supplied Magnavox with this horn and field coil compression driver in large numbers for use in the Imperial Windsor deluxe combination TV/radio/phonograph. The Magnavox versions are the most commonly found.
The Lansing H-808 tar filled horn is worth much more than the Stephens version, and it is remarkable how often ebay sellers like this guy misidentify these things as Lansing pieces. The Lansing horn has a cast brass throat with three holes in the flange (same as later JBL spacing), not the two hole stamped steel throat of this horn.
Hi '
Im about 35 miles away from these , to me the look more like Stephens Tru Sonics than Altec .
Altec Lansing 287 Field Coil Horn Pair Western Electric - eBay (item 110473705445 end time Jan-04-10 01:00:16 PST)
http://hifilit.com/hifilit/Stephens/trosonic55b.jpg
Mark
[IMG]http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu227/battradio/fcly.jpg[/IMG]
Mark

Those aren't Trusonic.
http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...943/page08.jpg
See the sellers other auctions
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Altec-Dr...item1c0ef800c2
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Bookmarks